A) Arrival of Students in the Morning
To ensure safety of the students when they arrive at the school, the following road safety measures have been put in place. We seek parents’ fullest cooperation and kind support in the implementation.
From 2019 Term III onwards, the school has 3 pedestrian gates and 2 vehicular gates for arrival and dismissal. To heighten the safety and security of our students and staff, the school gates are open for arrival and dismissal and are closed during lesson and activity hours. Please take note of the gate opening and closure hours as follows:
Gates and Opening Hours
|Gate||Open for Arrival||Closed||Open for Dismissal||Closed||Open for Late-Afternoon|
|Gate 1 (pedestrian gate near security post)||6.30am to 7.50am||7.50am to 1.15pm||1.15pm to 2.00pm||2.00pm to 3.45pm||3.45pm to 4.30pm|
|Gate 4 (pedestrian gate near school canteen)||6.30am to 7.50am||7.50am to 1.15pm||1.15pm to 2.00pm||2.00pm to 3.45pm||3.45pm to 4.30pm|
|MK Gate (pedestrian)||7.00am to 7.35am||7.35am to 1.30pm||1.30pm to 2.00pm||2.00pm to 4.00pm||4.00pm to 4.30pm|
|Gate 2 (vehicular entrance)||6.30am to 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am|
|Gate 3 (vehicular exit)||6.30am to 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am||Closed from 7.40am|
As Gate 2 and Gate 3 will be closed at 7.40am. Please drop off your child at Gate 1 (pedestrian gate near the security guard post) and allow him/her to walk safely into the school.
Opening of MK Gate for Arrival and Dismissal
To cater to our primary school students who live in the blocks nearer to MOE Kindergarten, the school is opening the MK Gate as the third pedestrian arrival and dismissal gate. However, the following rules must be adhered to by students and parents to ensure safety, security and discipline.
- Only students are allowed to enter/exit the primary school through the MK Gate. Parents who wish to enter the school must register at the security post at Gate 1.
- Students are not allowed to walk into the MK Block at arrival and dismissal.
- Students arriving via the MK Gate are to move into the school field and exit the school field near the school foyer. In accordance with our school rule on punctuality, students who arrive at the school foyer after 7.35am will be considered late for school.
- The MK Gate will be closed to the primary school students at 7.35am sharp, as the MK security guard and personnel will have to prepare for the arrival of MK children from 7.35am.
- In the event of rain during arrival in the morning, students may walk through the MK block towards the sheltered linkway to the primary school and proceed to the assembly area/classroom by 7.35am.
- In the event of rain during dismissal, students will walk through the MK block quietly to minimise disruptions to on-going MK lessons.
Students Walking to School
Parents walking their children to school are strongly advised to drop off their children at Gate 1, Gate 4 or MK Gate. Students are to walk safely into school to their classrooms.
Students Driven to School (Morning Arrival only)
To ensure the safety of the school community and all road users, we would like to remind parents who drive to the school of the following:
- Drive carefully and within the speed limit of 15km/h within the school compound.
- When arriving in school, allow your child to alight from the vehicle independently with his/her school bag. Wait in line patiently and follow the cars in front of your vehicle to exit the school in an orderly way. Do not cut across the carpark and do not overtake other cars.
* Parents/family members/helpers are not alight from the car.
- Do not park along the roads outside the school. Park your vehicle in the carparks in the neighbouring estate.
- If you are sending your child to school by taxi or private hired vehicle, please allow your child to alight from the vehicle independently. Parents/family members/helpers are not to alight from the vehicle inside the school.
(B) Dismissal of Student
In view of the COVID-19 situation, students are dismissed at staggered timing to avoid intermingling across levels. The staggered timings are as follows:
|P1 & P2||1.25pm|
|P3 to P6||1.30pm|
Parents picking up your child at the pedestrian gates are to wait at the respective gates for your child.
There is no entry to cars to pick up your child for dismissal.
For parents who drive, please do not park your car along the road as this will cause obstructions to other road users. Please park at nearby carparks and walk to the school gates to pick up your child.
Parents or any authorised adults waiting to pick up your child should observe social distancing at all times. Please do not gather in groups and proceed home once you have picked up your child.